Wajibat of Hajj
Following are the Wajib acts in Hajj:
1. To don Ihram at the Meeqat limits, though it is permissible to do this even before entering into Meeqat limits.
2. To perform Sa`ee.
3. To begin Sa`ee from Ŝafaa.
4. To perform Sa`ee on foot unless there is a reason to use a wheelchair.
5. To perform Sa`ee after four or more rounds of Ţawaf.
6. If Wuqoof is done during day time, it is Wajib to remain present in Arafat for Wuqoof till sunset. If Wuqoof is done during the night there is no time period of stay in Arafat.
However, the Wajib applicable for a stay up to sunset is missed, hence a Dam becomes compulsory.
7. To be present at least for some time in Arafat for Wuqoof after the sunset.
8. To remain present in Muzdalifah for Wuqoof.
9. To offer Maghrib and Isha prayers together at the time of Isha at Muzdalifah.
10. To do Rami of Jamarat as prescribed for three days.
11. To do Rami of Jamarat-e-`Uqbah on the 10th of Dhul-Hijjah, before Halq or Taqseer.
12. To complete the Rami of a particular day on the same day.
13. To do Halq or Taqseer.
14. To do Halq or Taqseer between 10th of Dhul-Hijjah to 12th of Dhul-Hijjah. (i.e. during Ayyaamun Naĥr)
15. To do Halq or Taqseer within Ĥaram limits.
16. For Qaarin and Mutamatti` to offer sacrifice.
17. This sacrifice should be from 10th to 12th of Dhul-Hijjah.
18. This sacrifice should be within Ĥaram limits.
19. To perform four or more rounds of Tawaf-e-Ziyarat between the 10th of Dhul-Hijjah to 12th of Dhul-Hijjah.
20. To perform Tawaf from outside Ĥateem.
21. To perform Tawaf from the right side, that is Kabah should be on your left.
22. To perform Tawaf on foot unless there is a reason to use a wheelchair.
23. To perform Tawaf with Ghusl and Wudu. If one fails to do so Tawaf will have to be repeated.
Please note: That is the state when Ghusl is compulsory or without Wudu Tawaf can not be performed.
24. To perform Tawaf without exposing Satr.
25. To offer two Rak`aat after each Tawaf. However, if not offered there is no expiation.
26. To do various acts in the prescribed sequence.
27. For those who are staying outside the Meeqat and have come for Hajj, Tawaf-e-Wada is essential. Women who are not in the state of offering Salaat but have completed four or more rounds of Tawaf-e-Ziyarat are exempted from Tawaf-e-Wada.
28. A person should not indulge in marital relations after Wuqoof-e-Arfah till performing Tawaf-e-Ziyarat.
29. To observe prohibitions of Ihram.
Note: Omission of any Wajib knowingly or unknowingly, intentionally or unintentionally, willingly or unwillingly, entails expiation. However, by the omission of any Wajib, Hajj does not get invalidated.
Book: Bahar E Hajj
Nawasa E Sadrushshari’ah
Khalifa E Huzoor Tajushshariah
Mufti Mehmood Akhtar Qadri (Qazi E Seher Mumbai)